• Dedicated Hygiene Marshall’s to patrol venues to keep customers safe and ensure the mandatory implementation of Covid-Safe Plan.
• It is critical people remember when they are at a venue they remain seated. This reduces the risk of transmission.
Under the new measures, pubs across NSW will be required to implement the following:
- the number of people per booking or table will be reduced from 20 people to 10
- a cap of 300 people in a venue at any one time
- compulsory COVID-Safe registration
- a dedicated COVID Safe Hygiene Marshall in distinctive clothing must oversee social distancing, cleaning and hygiene at the venue
- Hotels with a capacity of less than 250 are to have a COVID Safe Hygiene Marshall employed in peak periods (lunch 12pm to 3pm and dinner 5pm to 9pm)
- paper sign-in will still be permitted, but hotels must create a digital record of patron names and phone numbers (excel or word) to be submitted within 24 hours
- ensure all patrons provide their name and contact details accurately
- encouraged to strongly promote QR code sign-in.
As a community, we all play an important role in reducing the chance of an outbreak and keeping the community safe, while still allowing committed venues such as ourselves to continue to trade.
Guests and staff are advised that there will be random inspections and there will be zero tolerance for non-compliance. It is vital that together we understand the importance to comply with these new measures.