Hotel Illawong Covid-19 Safety Plan
Conditions of Entry to Venue
Any persons entering these premises agrees to comply with the following “Conditions of Entry”, which have been implemented in accordance with the current NSW Public Health (Covid-19) Order relating to this premises for the purpose of keeping patrons and staff safe.
All Patrons attending this licensed premises shall;
- Provide their name and phone number/email on entry
- Be refused entry if they display signs of illness
- Be requested to leave should they display signs of illness after entry
- Be seated whilst consuming liquor
- Adhere to social distancing as required including at entry and exit points or where markings are in place
- Comply with any request to relocate due to patron number restrictions in any area
- Comply with reasonable directions from staff
- Consider downloading the Covid-Safe App
- Adhere to a maximum number of ten persons per table
Failure to comply with any or all of these conditions may constitute an offence under the Public Health Order and the licensee, their staff or agents reserve the right to remove from the premises any patron not adhering to these conditions under Section 77 of the Liquor Act 2007.
• Dedicated Hygiene Marshall’s to patrol venues to keep customers safe and ensure the mandatory implementation of Covid-Safe Plan.
• It is critical people remember when they are at a venue they remain seated. This reduces the risk of transmission.
Under the new measures, pubs across NSW will be required to implement the following:
- the number of people per booking or table will be reduced from 20 people to 10
- a cap of 300 people in a venue at any one time
- compulsory COVID-Safe registration
- a dedicated COVID Safe Hygiene Marshall in distinctive clothing must oversee social distancing, cleaning and hygiene at the venue
- Hotels with a capacity of less than 250 are to have a COVID Safe Hygiene Marshall employed in peak periods (lunch 12pm to 3pm and dinner 5pm to 9pm)
- paper sign-in will still be permitted, but hotels must create a digital record of patron names and phone numbers (excel or word) to be submitted within 24 hours
- ensure all patrons provide their name and contact details accurately
- encouraged to strongly promote QR code sign-in.
As a community, we all play an important role in reducing the chance of an outbreak and keeping the community safe, while still allowing committed venues such as ourselves to continue to trade.
Guests and staff are advised that there will be random inspections and there will be zero tolerance for non-compliance. It is vital that together we understand the importance to comply with these new measures.
Contactless Sign-In Options for our Venue
Each day that you visit our venue you will be required by law to ‘sign-in’, which allows for rapid contact in the event of an outbreak.
You can sign-in via an online form or through an SMS text message or with a paper form at the Bar. Details are available at the Hotel.
Thank you for your support